What is statement of intention to register?
SIR stands for Statement of Intent to Register. This means that you plan to attend and enroll at that specific University. When you SIR to a school, you typically put down a non-refundable deposit to hold your place at the institution. You must SIR to one school even if you are on the waitlist for other schools.
What is Sir UCSB?
Your admission to UCSB is provisional. Read the Freshman Conditions of Admission or Transfer Conditions of Admission carefully before you submit your Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). Signing your SIR certifies that you understand and agree to comply with all the conditions.
How do I decline admission to UCSB?
To decline your offer of admission, you may submit a negative Statement of Intent to Register (SIR). To submit your negative SIR, log in to the Applicant Status portal on the Office of Admissions website.
How do I send test scores to UCSB?
Exam scores must be sent directly from the testing agency. If you are unable to send your required documents by the stated deadline, please email [email protected] and provide an explanation. For more information on upcoming deadlines, visit the Steps to Enrollment page.
What should be included in a statement of purpose?
Writing the Statement of Purpose
- Part 1: Introduce yourself, your interests and motivations.
- Part 2: Summarize your undergraduate and previous graduate career.
- Part 3: Discuss the relevance of your recent and current activities.
- Part 4: Elaborate on your academic interests.
What GPA do I need to get into UC Santa Barbara?
With a GPA of 4.12, UCSB requires you to be at the top of your class. You’ll need nearly straight A’s in all your classes to compete with other applicants. Furthermore, you should be taking hard classes – AP or IB courses – to show that college-level academics is a breeze.
Can you defer at UC Santa Barbara?
Deferring Admission Requests to defer are considered on a case by case basis. If granted a deferral, UCSB typically only defers admission for one quarter. Students who desire a full year deferral (“gap year”) must reapply for admission for the term in which they wish to attend.
How do I declare my major online UCSB?
Declaring a Major
- Requirement Sheet for your proposed major (click on the major you want to declare then go to “Resource Documents” on the right)
- Undergraduate Petition to Change Major, Emphasis, or College*
- Major Progress Check Request Form*
- Course Descriptions.
- Updated list of the proposed courses for the year*
How does UCSB calculate GPA?
To calculate your GPA, you must divide the total number of grade points earned in your letter-graded courses by the number of letter-graded units you have attempted.
How do I send my high school transcripts to UCSB?
Our Best Answer – How do I submit my transcript(s)?
- Be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line: TRANSCRIPTS.
- Include your full name and UCSB perm number.
- Come directly from your school offices (i.e. administrators, counselors, etc.)
- Be submitted in the format of an encrypted PDF.
How do you write an intention example?
To get you started, here are some examples of clear intentions you can set:
- I intend to lead by example.
- I intend to love unconditionally.
- I intend to stop taking things personally.
- I intend to manifest happiness naturally.
- I intend to see the goodness around me.
- I intend to be kind even when under pressure.