What is project document control?
Document control, in project management, is a function that involves the tracking of project documents to ensure confidence in their use. Projects of all sizes use document control to track the important technical documents that the project depends on the accomplish its objectives.
What is documentation control system?
A document control system is the process of organizing, routing, tracking, authorizing and distributing all documentation involved in the design, development and manufacturing of products.
What is the best document control software?
Rubex by eFileCabinet: Best Low-Cost Document Management System. Rubex by eFileCabinet.
What are the 3 project control methods?
There are three basic types of control mechanisms- cybernetic, go/no-go, and post-performance.
How can I be a good document controller?
Document Controller skills and qualifications
- Associate degree or higher in computer Science, business administration or similar field.
- Experience working with many types of files.
- Ability to organize and preserve paper documents.
- Thorough knowledge of various kinds of office software.
- Attention to detail.
What is required for document control?
Ensure the documents remain legible and readily identifiable. Identify external documents and control their distribution. Prevent obsolete documents from unintended use. Apply suitable identification if obsolete documents are retained.
How do you write a document control plan?
The aim of this Document Control Plan is:
- Identify roles concerned with the management of documents.
- Describe the infrastructure to be used to ensure proper management of documents.
- Classify the standards for the preparation of the document plan.
- Document change and version control procedures.
What are the five control components of a project?
The functions of project controls include initiating, planning, monitoring and controlling, communicating, and closing out project costs and schedule.