What is PDO in MySQL PHP?
PHP PDO is a database access layer that provides a uniform interface for working with multiple databases. PDO simplifies the common database operations including: Creating database connections. Executing queries using prepared statements. Calling stored procedures.
What is DSN in PDO?
The Data Source Name, or DSN, contains the information required to connect to the database. In general, a DSN consists of the PDO driver name, followed by a colon, followed by the PDO driver-specific connection syntax. Further information is available from the PDO driver-specific documentation.
How do I set up PDO?
Pdo ( Portable Data Object ) needs to be installed if it is not done before. For windows platform goto control panel > Add remove program ( or Programs and features ) > Select your PHP installation and click Change. If you are installing PHP fresh then in the setup wizard you can select PDO from Extensions link.
How configure PDO in PHP?
How to enable PDO
- For Apache, you will need to make sure php_pdo. dll and php_pdo_mysql.
- For IIS, PDO DLLs are not enabled by default. The preferred method for enabling them is to go to the Control Panel | Add/Remove Programs, highlight your PHP installation and click “Change” (Change/Remove – XP).
How do I know if PDO is installed?
Generally you can just do phpinfo(); to find out what modules are installed. Additionally you could use: class_exists(‘PDO’) to find out whether the PDO class indeed is accessible.
Does PDO use SSL?
SSL support is enabled using the appropriate PDO_MySQL constants, which is equivalent to calling the » MySQL C API function mysql_ssl_set(). Also, SSL cannot be enabled with PDO::setAttribute because the connection already exists.
How do I connect to a MySQL database?
To Connect to a MySQL Database
- Click Services tab.
- Expand the Drivers node from the Database Explorer.
- Enter User Name and Password.
- Click OK to accept the credentials.
- Click OK to accept the default schema.
- Right-click the MySQL Database URL in the Services window (Ctrl-5).