What does Clear Cache mean on Mac?
It removes temporary files, outdated cache, and app leftovers, freeing up space on your Mac. If you want to clear the cache on your Mac right now, we suggest doing it the easy way: Launch CleanMyMac X (download the trial version here). Select System Junk. Click Scan, and then Clean.
Why can’t I uninstall apps on Mac?
Most OS X applications are completely self-contained “packages” that can be uninstalled by simply dragging the application to the Trash. You can also delete the folder that’s in the Applications Support folder. Again, they don’t do anything but take up disk space once the application is trashed.
Can you delete pages on Mac?
To delete a page in a page layout document, you select the page thumbnail in the sidebar. in the toolbar, choose Page Thumbnails, select the page thumbnail you want to delete, then press Delete on your keyboard.
How do I empty my Mac cache?
Step 1: From the browser menu, select Safari -> Preferences -> Advanced. Step 2: Enable the “Show Develop menu in menu bar” option and close the preferences window. Step 3: From the browser menu, select Develop -> Empty caches. Step 4: All the caches are successfully cleared.
How do I permanently delete an app from my iPhone and iCloud?
How to Delete Apps from iCloud
- From the Home screen, open “Settings“.
- Choose “iCloud“
- Select “Storage“.
- Select “Manage Storage”
- Select your device.
- Scroll down and select “Show All Apps“.
- Turn the app on or off as desired.
- Tap “Turn Off & Delete” when prompted, and you’re done.
How do I clear open pages on my Iphone?
If you want to delete the history, tap the bookmark icon at the bottom of a web page in Safari. Then tap the Clock icon at the top which will reveal your browsing history. You can tap Clear at the bottom to remove all history or swipe right to left across individual items in the history.
How do I get rid of pages on my home screen?
Instead of tapping the device home button twice, do the following:
- Tap the home button to make sure you’re on the home screen.
- Use the pinch gesture (as if zooming out — fingers move toward one another)
- Tap and hold the page to be removed.
- Drag the page to the X at the top of the screen (Figure C)
How do you unfreeze pages on a Mac?
- On your Mac’s keyboard, hit the Option, Command and Escape keys simultaneously (Alt + Command + Esc).
- The Force Quit dialog box appears with a list of running programs.
- Select the frozen app and then click Force Quit.
- The software will stop running and you’re free to re-launch it at this point.
Why should I clear cache on Mac?
That’s why regularly clearing the cache is a great way to help clean up your Mac. And remember, a clean Mac is a faster Mac. Clearing out the cache will also: Remove personal data that’s stored by sites or apps.
How do I permanently delete an app from IOS?
First, the simple method is to tap and hold the offending app’s icon on your home screen until all your iPhone’s app icons begin to jiggle. Then, you can tap the small “x” on the upper corner of the app. You’ll then be prompted with an option to delete the app and its data.
How do I get rid of pages?
Delete a page in Word
- Click or tap anywhere in the page you want to delete, press Ctrl+G.
- In the Enter page number box, type \page.
- Press Enter on your keyboard, and then select Close.
- Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
How do I open multiple pages on a Mac?
Open a second document when one is already open With a document open in Pages, Numbers, or Keynote, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to open the Dock. On the Dock, touch and hold the app icon, then drag it to the right or left edge of the screen to make a Split View.
How do I fix a slow IMAC?
If your Mac runs slowly
- Your computer’s startup disk may not have enough free disk space.
- An app you’re using may require more memory than your Mac has easily available.
- Quit any app that isn’t compatible with your Mac.
- Quit any apps you’re not using.
- If you have problems with your disk, use Disk Utility to verify and try and fix any issues.
How do you clear disk space on a Mac?
How to free up storage space manually
- Music, movies, and other media can use a lot of storage space.
- Delete other files that you no longer need by moving them to the Trash, then emptying the Trash.
- Move files to an external storage device.
- Compress files.
How do you fix a frozen screen on a Mac?
If a frozen Mac prevents you from clicking the Restart command on the Apple menu, hold down the power button for several seconds or press the Control+Command keys and then press the power button. If all else fails, pull the plug, but remember that powering down without logging out should be used only as a last resort.
How do I uninstall an app on Mac?
Use the Finder to delete an app
- Locate the app in the Finder.
- Drag the app to the Trash, or select the app and choose File > Move to Trash.
- If you’re asked for a user name and password, enter the name and password of an administrator account on your Mac.
- To delete the app, choose Finder > Empty Trash.
Why can’t I open pages on my Mac?
If you can’t open a Pages document, make sure that you have the latest version of Pages from the Mac App Store. If a document is dimmed and can’t be selected, it means the document can’t be opened by Pages.
How do I remove an app from my library?
Delete an app from the App Library and Home Screen: Touch and hold the app in the App Library to open a quick actions menu, tap Delete App, then tap Delete.
Why is pages not working on my Mac?
If a page doesn’t open or finish loading, try to reload it: Choose View > Reload Page or press Command-R. If that doesn’t work, press Command-Q to quit Safari, then reopen Safari and try again.
How do I get rid of unwanted pages?
Go to the VIEW tab, select Navigation Pane in the Show section, select the blank page thumbnail in the left panel, and press your delete key until it is removed. Check your sections: Go to the PAGE LAYOUT tab, click the Margins button, and select Custom Margins.
How do I permanently delete an app from my Apple account?
It is very easy to permanently delete all apps on the iPad3. Go to settings, then general, then usage, then storage. Under storage, click on “show all apps”. Then click om the app(s) you want to delete.
How do I delete an app from my iPhone that I can’t find?
Settings app > General > Usage > Manage Storage [under STORAGE] > locate the app on the list and tap it, then tap Delete App.