Is the diagonal rule in Sudoku?
The short answer is: no. In regular sudoku there are no diagonal rules that state the two 9 cell diagonals must contain all the numbers 1 through 9. However, unless you are playing this particular variant, or any other variants with a diagonal rule, you do not need to worry about the diagonals.
What is a jigsaw Sudoku puzzle?
Jigsaw Sudokus (also known as Irregular, Nonomino, or Geometric Sudoku) are very similar to regular Sudoku puzzles, but instead of 3×3 blocks, they are divided into irregular jigsaw-like shapes. Each row, column and jigsaw shape contains all of the digits 1 thru 9. Try the online version of these puzzles.
Can Sudoku have multiple solutions?
A Sudoku puzzle can have more than one solution, but in this case the kind of logical reasoning we described while discussing solving strategies may fall short. It turns out that for a Sudoku of rank n, at least n2-1 distinct symbols must be used for the puzzle to have a unique solution.
What are the different types of Sudoku?
Sudoku types and classes
- Sub Doku – Grids smaller than 9×9.
- Super Doku – Grids larger than 9×9.
- Prime Doku – N×N grid where N is prime.
- Maximum Su Doku – The class of puzzles which have the maximum number of independent clues needed to allow a complete and unique solution.
What are the rules of Sudoku?
- Rule 1 – Each row must contain the numbers from 1 to 9, without repetitions.
- Rule 2 – Each column must contain the numbers from 1 to 9, without repetitions.
- Rule 3 – The digits can only occur once per block (nonet)
- Rule 4 – The sum of every single row, column and nonet must equal 45.
What games increase IQ?
Games to increase IQ
- Lumosity- Brain Training.