How do you use outstanding?
outstanding in a sentence
- He is an outstanding cover man and a dangerous punt returner.
- Your mother is one of the most outstanding teachers in music.
- He has an outstanding changeup, and he mixes pitches well.
- We’ve got outstanding speed at our receivers .”
- An award given to the most outstanding player in college football.
What can I say instead of I’m broke?
Here are some alternative phrases that should come in handy if you have to explain your situation or turn down an invitation for financial reasons.
- I’m running a little low on funds.
- I’m feeling the pinch at the moment.
- I’m temporarily in the red.
- I’m nearly running on empty.
- My resources are a little depleted.
How do you say no when a relative asks for money?
How to say no when family or friends want to borrow money
- LISTEN FIRST. If you say no too quickly, your friend or family member might feel ignored, hurt, discounted or insulted.
- ASK FOR TIME. If you feel pressured to say yes, offer to think about your decision for 24 hours.
- MAKE A RULE AND STICK TO IT.
- BE FIRM.
- DON’T EXPLAIN OR MAKE EXCUSES.
- OFFER OTHER AID.
- RELATED TOPICS.
How do you describe no money?
If you are hard up, broke, penniless, or strapped for cash, you could describe yourself as impecunious. Then maybe you could make some money teaching vocabulary words. But impecunious doesn’t just mean having no money. It means that you almost never have any money.
What do you say when family asks for money?
Tell Your Relative You’ll Think About It If a relative asks you for a loan, ideally, don’t say yes right away. Tell the relative that you’re going to need to look at your budget first. In other words, don’t loan out money under pressure.
What is outstanding payment?
An outstanding payment refers to the outstanding unpaid balance of the current amount due. The interest-bearing balance of a loan or product or service bought on credit from a company. It could also refer to a payment that has been made but not has not gone through and is not marked as paid for some reason.
What does mean outstanding?
1 : standing out : projecting stood on an outstanding rock. 2a : unpaid left several bills outstanding. b : continuing to exist : unresolved a long outstanding problem in astronomy was arrested on …
What do you do when a relative asks for money?
Remember to convey your rationale as clearly as possible. Talk about your own finances. Detail the precise financial reasons you’re not comfortable giving the money. Explain how a loan may cause you financial hardship and (if you feel comfortable) detail to your relative what you can and can’t afford.
What is an outstanding person?
1. adjective. If you describe someone or something as outstanding, you think that they are very remarkable and impressive. Derartu is an outstanding athlete and deserved to win. Synonyms: conspicuous, marked, striking, arresting More Synonyms of outstanding.
Is it bad to have an outstanding balance?
There’s a common credit myth out there that could be costing you money. Many people believe that carrying a balance on their credit card will help them build credit. However, the reality is that carrying a balance doesn’t necessarily help your credit, and could actually hurt your credit score.
How do I request a payment?
Ask for the payment simply and be straightforward. Tell them you have included the invoice as part of the email and how you want to be paid. The conclusion is polite and lets them know that you’d love to work more with them in the future. This script also uses the exclamation point very strategically.
What does Student of the Month award mean?
Student of the Month programs are designed to recognize student achievement and to showcase accomplishments in academics, athletics, exemplary character traits, and other categories. But not all students have the resources and support to shine through as all-stars in these more traditional lanes.
What is the meaning of outstanding in account?
outstanding in Accounting Money that is outstanding has not yet been paid and is still owed to someone. Money that is outstanding has not yet been paid and is still owed to someone.
How do I request an outstanding payment?
To ask for payment professionally from clients with unpaid bills, small businesses should follow these steps:
- Check the Client Received the Invoice.
- Send a Brief Email Requesting Payment.
- Speak to the Client By Phone.
- Consider Cutting off Future Work.
- Research Collection Agencies.
- Review Your Legal Options.
Can you give family members money?
You just cannot gift any one recipient more than $15,000 within one year. If you’re married, you and your spouse can each gift up to $15,000 to any one recipient. If you gift more than the exclusion to a recipient, you will need to file tax forms to disclose those gifts to the IRS. You may also have to pay taxes on it.
How do you politely tell someone they forgot to pay you?
Say something like “I know it’s been busy and so I waited to ask but could you pay me for the last time I watched the kids? You can’t let it go, if they know they didn’t pay you they might not pay in the future. Start writing out time in and time out and give them a receipt.
How do you politely ask a friend to pay you?
10 Less Awkward Ways to Ask a Friend for Your Money Back
- First and foremost, ask politely. People get hung up on the idea of asking someone for money. ”
- Find a way for them to work it off.
- Barter for something they have that you want.
- Drop a subtle reminder.
- Decline certain activities.
- Offer payment plan options.
- Tell them you need the money urgently.
- Paint them into a corner.
What is the meaning of outstanding student?
1 adj If you describe someone or something as outstanding, you think that they are very remarkable and impressive. (=exceptional) Derartu is an outstanding athlete and deserved to win..an area of outstanding natural beauty…
What makes a student a good student?
A good student is: Organized. According to the professors I asked, students who come prepared succeed further in class. This means coming with all the right supplies (it is college-you should have a pencil), getting your work in order, and knowing what you are going to be doing in class.
What is outstanding salary?
A: Outstanding salaries are salaries that are due and have not yet been paid. The salaries themselves are an expense. But when salaries are outstanding, meaning they are owing, we also record a liability (debt) account called salaries payable.
Do I need to pay the outstanding balance?
Paying the full statement balance is a smart way to escape interest charges. Now, you don’t have to pay the outstanding balance to steer clear of interest and fees. Paying the statement balance will take care of that. But if you pay the entire outstanding balance, you can lower your credit utilization ratio.
What do you say to an outstanding student?
has an impressive understanding and depth of knowledge about his (or her) interests….The student:
- shows respect for teachers and peers.
- treats school property and the belongings of others with care and respect.
- is honest and trustworthy in dealings with others.
- displays good citizenship by assisting other students.