How do you show section view in Inventor?
Create a Section View Defined by Sketch Geometry or an Aligned View
- Select an existing view to use as the parent view.
- On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Section .
- Select the view cutting line you defined in the sketch.
- (Optional) Specify the appearance of the view in the Section View dialog box.
How do I create a sectional view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full.
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view.
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
How do you create a half section view in Inventor?
Create half-section view
- Click View tab Appearance panel Half Section View .
- Select any plane or planar face as the cutting plane.
- Right-click and select Flip, if necessary, to change the direction of the section.
- Drag the plane or enter a value in the field to change the position.
- Click Continue.
How do I insert a section view from another sheet in Inventor?
- Select a single view or multiple views.
- Click on the view(s) and drag into a desired sheet.
- Views are moved.
How do you use quarter section view in Inventor?
Create Quarter and Three-Quarter Sections Select any plane or planar face as the first cutting plane. Right-click and select Flip, if necessary, to change the direction of the section. Drag the plane or enter a value in the field to change the position. Click Continue.
What are the 7 types of section views?
There are a number of different types of sectional views that can be drawn. A few of the more common ones are: full sections, half sections, broken sections, rotated or revolved sections, removed sections, offset sections, and assembly sections.
What is a section view drawing?
∎ A section view is a view used on a drawing to. show an area or hidden part of an object by. cutting away or removing some of that object.
What are the types of section views?
6 Types of sectional views
- Full sections.
- Half sections or views.
- Offset sections or views.
- Broken out sections or broken views.
- Revolving sections or view.
- Removed sections.
How do you copy a section in Inventor?
Copy / Paste
- Select the items to copy: Select from the Graphics Window or from the Browser.
- Pick the Sheet header in the browser.
- Paste through the context menu: After picking the header, right-click -> and select Paste.