How do I unregister a service?
How do I delete a Service?
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services key.
- Select the key of the service you want to delete.
- From the Edit menu select Delete.
- You will be prompted “Are you sure you want to delete this Key” click Yes.
- Exit the registry editor.
How do I delete a Windows service?
Click Start | Run and type regedit in the Open: line. Click OK. Scroll down the left pane, locate the service name, right click it and select Delete. Reboot the system.
How do I delete a service in PowerShell?
To disable a service using a PowerShell command, use these steps:
- Open Start.
- Search for PowerShell, right-click the top result, and select the Run as administrator option.
- Type the following command to disable a service and press Enter: Set-Service -Name “SERVICE-NAME” -Status stopped -StartupType disabled.
How do I remove a server service?
Uninstall the server using Add/Remove Programs
- Log in to the Windows server as a user with local administrator privileges.
- Stop the Service Manager service.
- From the Windows Start menu, click Settings > Control Panel > Add/ Remove Programs.
- Scroll to the Service Manager server program and click Remove.
- Click Yes.
How do I manually remove a service in Windows 10?
- Right-click the taskbar and choose “Task Manager“.
- Select the “Services” tab.
- Right-click the service you wish to delete, then choose “Go to details“.
- The process related to the service is highlighted. If you wish to remove it, you can track it down by right-clicking it and selecting “Open file location“.
How do I remove a Windows service marked for deletion?
The Specified Service Has Been Marked for Deletion
- Reboot. Often, a simple reboot can clear up a lingering problem.
- Close Programs That Can Cause Conflicts. Numerous applications, both third-party and windows tools being open can cause this problem.
- Close and Open Services.
- Use Taskill.
- Registry Problems.
How do I remove a service marked for deletion?
How do I manually install a service in Windows 10?
Perform the following:
- Start up the command prompt (CMD) with administrator rights.
- Type c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v4. 0.30319\installutil.exe [your windows service path to exe]
- Press return and that’s that!
How do I remove a Windows service dependency?
Solution: Stop the services and edit the registry
- Stop the services that you will be dealing with.
- To remove dependencies, changes to the registry are required.
- Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services, find the dependent service for which you would like to remove the dependency.
How do you check if a service is marked for deletion?
(In most cases, it’s simply the Services applet — services. msc — left open by accident in the background.) For detection, I suggest you read up on CreateService and other Service API. For example, you’ll receive ERROR_SERVICE_MARKED_FOR_DELETE upon calling CreateService if the service is marked for deletion.
How do I uninstall and install windows services?
Uninstall using InstallUtil.exe utility
- From the Start menu, select the Visual Studio directory, then select Developer Command Prompt for VS .
- Run InstallUtil.exe from the command prompt with your project’s output as a parameter:
How do I change a Windows service dependency?
Open the Service Control Manager by typing in the command window “services. msc”. Browse for the service you have modified, right click and select “Properties“. Select the “Dependency” tab.
How do I unregister a service in Windows XP?
Tool for managing windows services in Windows XP allows you many things, but you can’t unregister (delete, remove) a service with it. There is however a command line tool that allows that. Remember that unregistering important services may break your system. If you aren’t sure what you’re doing – don’t.
How do I delete a service from the registry?
After the executable for a service is deleted, the service might still be present in the registry. If that’s the case, use the command sc delete to remove the entry for the service from the registry.
How to delete a Windows service (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012)?
How to delete a windows service (Windows Server 2003/2008/2012) If you need to delete a Windows Service, you just have to open a new command prompt (run as administrator) and run the following command: Command: sc delete NameOfService.
Is there a way to unregister a service in Linux?
There is however a command line tool that allows that. Remember that unregistering important services may break your system. If you aren’t sure what you’re doing – don’t. You have been warned. First you need to check real name of the service (not it’s display name).