How do I rotate a part in Solidworks 2013?
Rotates the model view in part and assembly documents. Click Rotate View (View toolbar) or View > Modify > Rotate then drag the pointer . Drag with the middle mouse button. Press the arrow keys.
How do you animate a simulation in Solidworks?
To animate a plot: In the Simulation study tree, double-click a plot to activate it. Right-click the plot and select Animate….Animating Plots
- Click Play to start the animation.
- View the animation in the graphics area.
- Click Stop to end the animation.
Where is simulation options in Solidworks?
To access the Options dialog box: Click Simulation > Options. Specify general system options such as the display of error and warning icons in the Simulation study tree, options for mesh and plot appearance, etc. System options apply to all studies in all documents.
What are the 5 steps to running a simulation in Solidworks?
Part of SOLIDWORKS Simulation’s ease of use are the simple Six Steps that every Simulation Study shares.
- Step 1: Define your Study.
- Step 2: Assign your Materials.
- Step 3: Apply the Boundary Conditions (Free Body Diagram)
- Step 4: Mesh the Model.
- Step 5: Run the Analysis (Solve)
- Step 6: View the Results.
How do I move an assembled part in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you move parts in Solidworks?
To move drawing entities:
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do you save a solidworks simulation result?
Saving Result Plots
- In the Simulation study tree, right-click the active plot icon and select Save As.
- Click Plot Tools > Save As (Simulation CommandManager)
- Right-click in the graphics area, and select Save As.
How do you do a motion analysis in Solidworks?
To use the SOLIDWORKS Motion solver in a motion study, select Motion Analysis from the motion studies type list in the MotionManager. An unconstrained rigid body in space has six degrees of freedom: three translational and three rotational. It can move along its X, Y, and Z axes and rotate about its X, Y, and Z axes.
How do I change the default units in Solidworks simulator?
To set default units:
- Click Simulation > Options.
- On the Default Options tab, select Units.
- Under Unit system, select a unit system.
- Under Units, select specific units for Length/Displacement, Temperature, Angular velocity, and Pressure/Stress.
- Click OK.
What is ures in Solidworks?
URES mean how your model move in this direction. You have deformation scale 0.01… so it isn’t a real deformation. Real deformation is 1. But you use SimulationXpress so you can’t change this deformation.
How do you simulation an assembly in SOLIDWORKS?
How to Use Solidworks Static Simulation in an Assembly
- After the Add-Ins window is open, check the boxes shown below to activate the Simulation and then click OK to apply.
- Once the simulation is active move to the Simulation tab and click on New Study.
- Choose the Static simulation and then click OK (tick).
How do you do a simulation?
How to Conduct a Simulation
- Describe the possible outcomes.
- Link each outcome to one or more random numbers.
- Choose a source of random numbers.
- Choose a random number.
- Based on the random number, note the “simulated” outcome.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 multiple times; preferably, until the outcomes show a stable pattern.
What is motionmotion simulation in SolidWorks?
Motion Simulation is the most powerful and detailed method of making your designs move in SOLIDWORKS because you can simulate gravity, friction, and forces while getting useful outputs such as motor torque curves, motion profiles, sensors, and several other unique capabilities. This content is hosted by a third party.
How to use the motion table in SolidWorks?
Motion Simulation and Mechanism Design with SolidWorks Motion Table 1-1 The Shortcut Buttons in Motion Tool Bar Symbol Name Function Calculate Calculates the current simulation. If you alter the simulation, you must recalculate it before replaying. Play from start Reset components and play the simulation.
How do I use solidsolidworks motion?
SolidWorks Motion in both boxes ( Active Add-ins and Start Up ), and then click OK Click the Motion Study tab to bring up the MotionManager window. Note that a rotary motor,
How do I analyze a mechanism in SolidWorks motion?
The overall process of using SolidWorks Motion for analyzing a mechanism consists of three main steps: model generation, analysis (or simulation), and result visualization (or post- processing), as illustrated in Figure 1-8.