How do I reset my Chromecast 2?
How to Reset Chromecast (Gen 2, 3, and 3 Ultra) using the Dongle
- With the Chromecast plugged into the TV, hold down the button on the side, waiting for the LED to start blinking orange.
- Once the LED steadily turns white, release the button, and the Chromecast will reboot to complete the reset process.
How do I manually reset my Chromecast?
While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow. When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.
How do I reset my Chromecast without the button?
How to reset Google Chromecast on the device
- Next to the micro USB port on your Chromecast.
- Disconnect the power cable from your USB device and wait a few seconds before plugging your Chromecast back in.
- On your mobile phone or tablet, locate the Google Home app icon and tap to open it.
Where is the reset button on my Chromecast device?
Press and hold down the reset button on your Chromecast. If you’re using a model, like the second- or third-generation Chromecast or a Chromecast Ultra, you’ll see the reset button on the side of the device. In this case, just hold down the reset button until the LED light stops blinking orange and turns white.
How do I relink my Chromecast?
Using The Reset Button
- Connect the Chromecast to your TV.
- Hold down the reset button.
- The Chromecast’s LED will begin to flash an orange light; keep holding the reset button until the LED light becomes white.
- When the LED is white, release the reset button and the Chromecast will restart.
What do I do if my Chromecast isn’t working?
- Make sure your Chromecast is connected to the same WiFi network.
- Use the HDMI extender cable that came with your Chromecast.
- Reset your Chromecast by holding the reset button your dongle for 25 seconds.
- Reset your modem or router.
- Move your router closer to your Chromecast.
Can you factory reset a Chromecast?
While the Chromecast is plugged into the TV and powered on, press and hold the button on the back of the Chromecast. The LED will start blinking yellow. When the LED light turns solid white, release the button and the Chromecast will then reset.
Can’t find Chromecast but can connect?
If your mobile device still can’t connect to the Chromecast, make sure your device supports a 5 GHz Wi-Fi connection. This is required for Google Home to find Chromecast. If your device doesn’t support it, install Google Home on a different mobile device and try the setup again.
Why is my Chromecast connected but won’t cast?
First try turning off your Chromecast by unplugging it, and while it’s unplugged power off your mobile device and home router. Turn on your Chromecast. Turn on your mobile device. Once all devices have fully powered on, check again to see if the casting icon has appeared.
Why is my Chromecast not being found?
Troubleshooting steps Completely close the Google Home app and then reopen it. Turn Wi-Fi off/on from the setup device, then reopen the Google Home app. If this did not resolve the issue, continue to next step. Try using another device to set up the Chromecast device.
Why won’t Chromecast find my device?
If you get the error message “no devices found” for your Chromecast, try disconnecting your router and then plugging it back in. Then, restart your Chromecast and check if all your connections are right. If it still returns the error “no devices found”, reset your Chromecast.
Why isn’t my Chromecast working on my TV?
Disconnect the Chromecast from the HDMI port and if the Chromecast is plugged into the power source, disconnect it. Turn on the TV and reconnect the power source to the Chromecast device but do not put the Chromecast into the TV HDMI port. Wait 30 seconds. Plug the Chromecast device into an HDMI port on the TV.