How do I hire an employee in PA?
Steps to Hiring your First Employee in Pennsylvania
- Step 1 – Register as an Employer.
- Step 2 – Employee Eligibility Verification.
- Step 3 – Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate.
- Step 4 – Pennsylvania New Hire Reporting Program.
- Step 5 – Payroll Taxes.
- Step 6 – Workers’ Compensation Insurance.
Do you have to report new hires in PA?
Pennsylvania State law, which requires all Commonwealth of Pennsylvania employers to report their newly hired employees. Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996 and 42 U.S.C. 653a. The federal law that requires all employers to comply with the New Hire Reporting program.
What is the new hire reporting program?
New Hire reporting is a process by which you, as an employer, report information on newly hired employees to a designated state agency shortly after the date of hire. As an employer, you play a key role in this important program by reporting all your newly hired employees to your state.
What forms are required for new employees in Pennsylvania?
Required Employment Forms in Pennsylvania
- Signed Job Offer Letter.
- W2 Tax Form.
- I-9 Form and Supporting Documents.
- Direct Deposit Authorization Form (template here)
- Federal W-4 Form.
- Pennsylvania New Hire Reporting Form.
- Employee Personal Data Form (template here)
- Company Health Insurance Policy Forms.
How long does it take to get hired by the state of PA?
9 answers. If you are selected, it will vary by agency for civil service jobs but typically 2-3 months from the time you complete the application to first day on the job.
What is Pennsylvania REV 419 ex?
REV-419 Employee’s No withholding Application Certificate (Pennsylvania) – The REV- 419 form helps the employer withhold the correct state income tax from the employee’s pay, should the employee wish to withhold a different amount for state taxes.
What do I have to do to hire an employee?
Before you hire employees
- Make sure you have an EIN (Employer Identification Number).
- Set up records for withholding taxes.
- Define the role you’re hiring for.
- Find your candidates.
- Conduct interviews.
- Run a background check.
- Make sure they’re eligible to work in the U.S.
What documents do I need when hiring an employee?
Make sure you and new hires complete employment forms required by law.
- W-4 form (or W-9 for contractors)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification form.
- State Tax Withholding form.
- Direct Deposit form.
- E-Verify system: This is not a form, but a way to verify employee eligibility in the U.S.
Why do employers have to report new hires?
Employers report their newly hired employees to the Registry. California matches New Employee Registry reports against child support records to help locate parents in order to establish wage withholding orders or enforce existing orders.
What is a good score for a PA state job?
How to Pass for Your PA Civil Service Test. Regardless of what PA civil service test you have to take, only scores of at least 70% allow you to make it to the state’s eligibility board. Scores lower than this disqualify you from pursuing employment for the job position you want.
Does the Commonwealth of PA drug test?
Drug & Alcohol Testing The commonwealth may conduct pre-employment drug/alcohol testing of applicants for positions. Any other type of drug/alcohol testing for any employee requires a legal determination, union negotiation, and a demonstrated need.
Does PA have a w4 form?
Unlike many other states, Pennsylvania does not have a separate state equivalent to Form W-4, but instead relies on the federal form. You can download blank Forms W-4 from irs.gov. Clearly label W-4s used for state tax withholding as your state withholding form.