How do I have a Header and page number at the same time?
Double-click the header or the footer area (near the top or bottom of the page). Go to Header & Footer > Field. In the Field names list, Select Page, and then select OK. To change the numbering format, go to Header & Footer > Page Number > Format Page Numbers.
How do I insert a page number without losing the Header?
For instance, go to the Page Number menu (Insert>Page Number) and then click on either Bottom of Page, Page Margins, or Current Position. This will put the page number where you want, and leave the Header untouched.
Why does my Header disappear when I add a page number?
If I try the reverse, the header disappears. If you are inserting the header and page number as building blocks, then each will replace the other. There are several alternatives. The first and simplest is just to double-click in the header area and type/insert whatever text you require.
Why are my header page numbers the same?
A header will appear exactly the same on each page. If you make a change on one page, it will reflect on all of the pages. This is why you can’t manually put in page numbers. To get to the header, double click at the top of the page.
How do you designate a title page in Word?
Add a cover page
- On the Insert tab, in the Pages group, click Cover Page.
- Click a cover page layout from the gallery of options. After you insert a cover page, you can replace the sample text with your own text by clicking to select an area of the cover page, such as the title, and typing your text.
How do you put a Header and Page Number in Word?
- Click on the Insert tab.
- Click on Page Number in the Header & Footer group.
- Choose the location of page number (usually top of page). Plain Number 3 is most used option when adding name/page number to header. Click on your choice.
How do I insert a Page Number on a page in Word 2007?
Word 2007 for Windows
- On the Insert tab, in the “Header & Footer” group, click Page Number.
- Click Top of Page, Bottom of Page, or Page Margins, depending on where you want page numbers to appear in your document.
- Choose a page numbering design from the gallery of designs.
Why can’t I put page numbers on my Word document?
Make sure the Design tab is still selected. With the cursor in the footer, click Page Number and then Format Page Numbers. In the Page Number Format window, set the Number format to i,ii,iii,… Under Page numbering, select Continue from previous section. Click OK.
How do you fix the same Page Number in Word?
Press Alt+Shift+P to insert a PAGE field. In the Header & Footer group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, click Page Number and choose Format Page Numbers… In the Page Number Format dialog, choose the radio button for “Continue from previous section.” Repeat for each successive section.