How do I change my gem path?
- Get the paths for GEM_PATH and GEM_HOME: You do this by executing from the command line $rvm use ruby-1.9. 3-p551 .
- Set the GEM_HOME and GEM_PATH environment variables: Now set these environment variables in one of the many profile files.
Where are my RubyGems installed?
When you use the –user-install option, RubyGems will install the gems to a directory inside your home directory, something like ~/. gem/ruby/1.9. 1 . The commands provided by the gems you installed will end up in ~/.
What version of RubyGems do I have?
You can check your Ruby version by running ruby –version , and you can check your RubyGems version by running gem –version . If you need to upgrade Ruby, use your ruby version manager’s instructions. If you need to upgrade RubyGems, run gem update –system .
What is the gem command?
The interface for RubyGems is a command-line tool called gem which can install and manage libraries (the gems). RubyGems integrates with Ruby run-time loader to help find and load installed gems from standardized library folders. The public repository helps users find gems, resolve dependencies and install them.
How do I check my gem source?
Using gem search -r , you can search RubyGems’ repository. For instance, gem search -r rails will return a list of Rails-related gems. With the –local ( -l ) option, you would perform a local search through your installed gems. To install a gem, use gem install [gem] .
How do I list a gem source?
Managing Gem Sources To list all gem sources, use the -l flag. To remove a gem source, use the r flag followed by the URL of the source to be removed.
How do I downgrade Ruby Version?
As others have mentioned, its hard to come up with exact solution, in general to downgrade or switch versions for a user:
- Install Ruby 1.8.7 (or locate it on your system if you have it already)
- Edit your .bash_profile or .bashrc file to update your $PATH so that the 1.8.7 executable is found first.
How do I update Ruby in terminal?
Ruby versions (updating)
- Upgrade ruby (using rvm) sudo rvm get head.
- Install bundler. gem install bundler.
- Go to application root directory and install gems. cd APPLICATION_ROOT.
- Install Easy Redmine. rake easyproject:install RAILS_ENV=production.
- You may also need to change the ruby version in a startup script.
What is gem install command?
The install command installs local or remote gem into a gem repository. For gems with executables ruby installs a wrapper file into the executable directory by default. This can be overridden with the –no-wrappers option. The wrapper allows you to choose among alternate gem versions using version.
How do you update all gems?
- Update RubyGems. To update to its latest version with: gem update –system.
- Install gems. To install a gem (Ruby package), run: gem install
- List installed gems. gem list.
- Update installed gems. To update all gems or a particular gem: gem update 
- Remove old gem versions.
How do I specify a gem version?
There are several ways to specify gem versions: Use a specific version: gem “name-of-gem”, “1.0” . You can find specific versions on Rubygems.org (provided that’s the source you”re using) by searching for your gem and looking at the “Versions” listed. Use a version operator: gem “name-of-gem”, “>1.0” .
How to change environment variables in Windows 10?
Step 1: Open File Explorer and choose This PC to continue. Then right-click it and choose Properties from the context menu to continue. Step 2: In the pop-up window, click Advanced system settings to continue. Step 3: In the popup System Properties window, please go to the Advanced tab and click Environment Variables… to continue.
How to edit or change the variables in the system?
If you want to edit or change the variables, select them and click Edit… to continue. You can see there are two types of variables which are user variables and system variables.
How to avoid data loss when changing environment variables?
Tip: In order to avoid data loss if mistakenly set the environment variables, you had better try MiniTool software to back up data before changing environment variables. When some programs on Windows are required to be running, the variable path should be defined on the system.
What is an environment variable in MicroStation?
An environment variable is made up of a name/value pair, and any number may be created and available for reference at a point in time. Tip: In order to avoid data loss if mistakenly set the environment variables, you had better try MiniTool software to back up data before changing environment variables.