Do you cite the year in MLA?
For example, MLA style requires you to provide the page number of your citation in-text, but not the year, while APA style asks you to place a comma between author and year.
How do you write years in MLA format?
Use numerals, unless the year is at the beginning of a sentence. When referring to a decade, never use an apostrophe before the “s.”
How do you indent all the first line?
First-line indent by default
- Put the cursor anywhere in the paragraph.
- On the Home tab, right-click the Normal style, and choose Modify.
- Select Format, and then choose Paragraph.
- On the Indents and Spacing tab, under Indentation, select First line.
- Select OK.
- Select OK again.
How do you indent on Google Docs mobile app?
Open the Google Docs app, and put the cursor before the space that needs to be indented. Now tap the return key so there’s space between the first line and the rest of the paragraph. Then, tap on the ‘A’ with the horizontal lines in the toolbar above. Under the Paragraph section, tap on the right-indent option.
What does a paper in MLA format look like?
What should an MLA paper look like? An MLA paper has a standard look for every page including 1-inch margins, a readable font, a running header including your last name and page number, and author-page in-text citations.
How do you insert endnotes in Google Docs?
To Insert a Footnote or Endnote
- Click in your document where you want to place the anchor of the note.
- Choose Insert – Footnote/Endnote.
- In the Numbering area, select the format that you want to use.
- In the Type area, select Footnote or Endnote.
- Click OK.
- Type the note.
How do you do tab stops in Google Docs?
To add tab stops:
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs where you want to add tab stops.
- Click the location on the Ruler where you want your text to appear.
- Select the desired tab stop.
- Place the insertion point at the location where you want to add the tab.
- Press the Tab key on the keyboard.
How do you indent a citation in MLA format?
(In Microsoft Word, for example, you simply highlight your citations, click on the small arrow right next to the word “Paragraph” on the home tab, and in the popup box choose “hanging indent” under the “Special” section. Click OK, and you’re done.)
How do you indent without moving the whole paragraph in Google Docs?
How to Create a Hanging Indent in Google Docs
- First, select the text you want to indent. You can highlight one or multiple paragraphs.
- Now, drag the First Line Indent marker (the light blue rectangle) back to the left margin.
- And there you go! Your hanging indent is created.
How do you indent a citation on Google Docs?
Hanging indents in Google Docs
- Highlight the citation(s) you want to indent.
- Along the top menu, click on “Format,” then go down to “Align & indent,” then click on “Indentation options.”
- In the Indentation options menu, under “Special,” select “Hanging.”
- Click “Apply.”
How do you indent the second line of a citation in Google Docs on IPAD?
Within the app you can create a work around hanging indent:
- Add your citation.
- Highlight your citation.
- Tap the A in the top right corner of the app.
- Text options come up automatically, but you’ll need to tap Paragraph.
- Under line spacing tap the up arrow by 1.5 (the default) once to read 2, making it double spaced.