Can you run queries in Excel?
Load a query from the Queries and Connections pane In Excel, you may want to load a query into another worksheet or Data Model. In Excel, select Data > Queries & Connections, and then select the Queries tab. In the list of queries, locate the query, right click the query, and then select Load To.
How do I see what queries are running on Netezza?
Follow these five steps, which can help you to find and possibly fix the performance issues on your appliance.
- Use IBM Netezza Performance Portal and the query history database.
- Check the server load and resources.
- Identify the problematic queries.
- Check the query plan.
- Check the distribution keys and change them if needed.
How do I automate a SQL query in Excel?
Create Record Source
- Collect SQL Server Login Parameters (Server, Database, UID and PWD)
- Get the path to the .sql file with the Query SQL.
- Validate existence of both the file and the SQL Server.
- Use VBA to extract the text from your saved query .
- Create a Microsoft Access SQL Passthrough Query.
How do you do Sumifs in Power Query?
- In the Transform Tab go to Group By.
- In the group by box, group it by Year and Region.
- Underneath you’ll have the options to create 2 new columns (calculations). For Total Sales and Total Units. Provide the new column a name, pick the operation (sum, count etc..)
- That’s it SUMIF is done. Close and Load the data in excel.
Why is SQL better than Excel?
SQL is fast and can handle large loads of data. Unlike Excel, SQL can handle well over one million fields of data with ease. SQL queries are also more flexible and powerful than Excel formulas.
Where is query history in Netezza?
There are two ways to get query history in Netezza:
- _v_qryhist – You can query this system view to get Netezza query history details. This is a conceptual view on top of virtual table _t_qryhist.
- nz_query_history – You can populate this table using IBM provided nz_query_history shell script.
How do I set parameters in Excel Power query?
Create a parameter
- Select Data > Get Data > Other Sources > Launch Power Query Editor.
- In the Power Query Editor, select Home > Manage Parameters > New Parameters.
- In the Manage Parameter dialog box, select New.
- Set the following as needed: Name.
- To create the parameter, select OK.
Is SQL the same as power query?
When connecting to SQL DB, Power Query tries to do Query Folding and tries to push maximum logics to data source, means the time take in Power Query and SQL will be the same in such cases. In your example, ideally Power Query should just trigger a SQL with a where clause for the time filter.
Can you automate a SQL query?
Automating the executing of SQL queries can be handled by any client tool which can be scheduled. Like Microsoft SQL server has the SQL Server Agent and MySQL has the MySQL Event Scheduler. These solutions do require specific authorizations from your DBA as they run on the database server itself.
How Sumif function works in Excel?
If you want, you can apply the criteria to one range and sum the corresponding values in a different range. For example, the formula =SUMIF(B2:B5, “John”, C2:C5) sums only the values in the range C2:C5, where the corresponding cells in the range B2:B5 equal “John.”
What is the best Netezza query tool?
WinSQL is the one of the best Netezza query tool utility available. This utility is designed to interact with the many different types of databases like Netezza, Oracle, and SQL Server etc. This tool uses the Netezza ODBC driver to connect to Netezza server.
How do I import data into Netezza system?
Data import in the Aginity workbench has a fairly easy method to get data into Netezza system. Aginity workbench provides a couple of options to import data from Excel, CSV, Fixed width and external databases.
How to identify and manage Netezza system?
You may have to query few system tables to get information about system, for example, get list of all tables, views, system tables, synonyms, sequences, etc available in Netezza data warehouse appliance. Getting object details information will help you to identify and manage Netezza system better.
How to count number of objects available in Netezza databases?
Below are few queries that are consolidated to provide useful information: Below query provide you count of all objects available in Netezza databases. You will get object count by database names. You should have permission to query system view ‘_V_OBJ_RELATION_XDB’ to execute this statement.