Which mailx command option do you use to reply to a message?
Replying to or originating mail The reply command can be used to set up a response to a message, sending it back to the sender. Text the user types in then, up to an end-of-file, defines the contents of the message. While the user is composing a message, mailx treats lines beginning with the character ‘~’ specially.
What command is used to send mail from a Unix system with attachment file XYZ txt to user ABC?
To send an attachment from the email, use uuencode command.
How does mailx work in Linux?
To send a message to one or more people, mailx can be invoked with arguments which are the names of people to whom the mail will be sent. The user is then expected to type in his message, followed by an ‘control-D’ at the beginning of a line.
What is Linux mailx?
mailx is a Unix utility program for sending and receiving mail, also known as a Mail User Agent program. Being a console application with a command syntax similar to ed, it is the POSIX standardized variant of the Berkeley Mail utility.
How do I know if mailx is working Linux?
- add -v to mailx to see progress messages and find out where it’s going… – twalberg. Feb 21 ’13 at 16:23.
- First run it on command line and test : echo “something” | mailx -v -s “subject” [email protected] – Satish. Feb 21 ’13 at 16:23.
- Thanks Satish.It worked. 🙂 – Teja. Feb 21 ’13 at 16:46.
How do I send a file using mailx?
Method 2 : -a switch in mailx command Use the new attachment switch (-a) in mailx to send attachments with the mail. The -a options is easier to use that the uuencode command. The above command will print a new blank line. Type the body of the message here and press [ctrl] + [d] to send.
How do I send attachments with mailx?
How do I send an email to multiple recipients on mailx?
How to Use Mailx to Send to Multiple Addresses
- Begin the mail command using the following syntax: mailx [-s “subject”].
- Enter the email address of your first recipient after the brackets.
- Enter the email address or addresses of any other recipients you wish to receive the message separated by a space.