Where can I find old newspaper front pages?
Guides to Online Free Newspapers
- Chronicling America: Historic Newspapers.
- Elephind.com: Search the World’s Historical Newspaper Archive.
- Europeana: Newspapers.
- Google Newspaper Archive.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: International Collections.
- ICON: International Coalition on Newspapers: United States.
How do I find a newspaper archive?
If You Need To Find Articles
- Search the library catalog for the newspaper title.
- Look for a record that says Online.
- Click into the record and look at the dates in the “View It” section to see whether the time frame you need is available for searching.
- Click on the link for the correct time frame.
What should a newspaper frontpage include?
The front page shows the qualities and identity of a paper. All the important news of the day are carried on the page one. Most of the newspapers carry three/four big stories in the front page and some important news are given in brief in a column on the front page.
How can I get old news?
Use the Google News archive for an easy, searchable experience. This search engine allows you to enter the subject you want to research to find old newspaper articles about that subject. To explore the archive search engine, open your web browser and go to news.google.com/archivesearch.
What a newspaper should look like?
Headlines should be clear and specific, telling the reader what the story is about, and be interesting enough to draw them into reading the article.
- 5-10 words at the most.
- should be accurate and specific.
- Use present tense and active verbs, but don’t start with a verb.
- Use infinitive form of verb for future actions.
What is the front page of newspaper called?
Masthead/title piece the newspaper’s title displayed on the front page. Skyline this is an information panel on the front page that tells the reader about other stories in the paper to tempt them inside.