What should I eat during my first trimester of pregnancy?
Best foods for the first trimester
- Lean meat. A good source of iron and protein, thoroughly-cooked lean meats like sirloin or chuck steak, pork tenderloin, turkey and chicken offer all of the amino acids that act as the building blocks for cells.
- Beans and lentils.
- Ginger tea.
What should a vegetarian eat in first trimester?
What nutrients will I need when I’m pregnant and vegan or vegetarian?
- Dairy products.
- Legumes, such as chickpeas, kidney beans, and lentils.
- Soy foods, including tempeh, tofu, soy milk, and soy beans.
- Many nuts, seeds, and nut butters (such as peanuts, almonds, cashews, chia seeds, flaxseed, and walnuts)
Which pulses should eat in pregnancy?
Pulses: Moong Dal (Split and Skinned Green Gram), Chawli Dal (Black Eyed Beans), Masoor Dal (Split Red Lentils), Sabut Masoor (Indian Brown Lentils), Toor Dal (Yellow Pigeon Peas), White Peas, Urad, Soyabean, Bengal Gram (Chana), Moth Beans, etc. Nuts: Dried Coconut, Peanut, Water Melon Seeds, Til Seeds, etc.
What should I do in the first 3 months of pregnancy?
How can I stay healthy during the first trimester?
- Take prenatal vitamins.
- Exercise regularly.
- Work out your pelvic floor by doing Kegel exercises.
- Eat a diet high in fruits, vegetables, low-fat forms of protein, and fiber.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat enough calories (about 300 calories more than normal).
Can being vegetarian cause miscarriage?
Vegan diets are naturally devoid of this vitamin. A deficiency may increase your risk of miscarriage, gestational diabetes, preterm birth, and malformations ( 15 , 16 , 17 , 18 ).
Is coconut water good during pregnancy?
Coconut water is good during pregnancy both for the health of the mother and the child because of the following listed reasons: Levels of Fluids and Electrolytes: It contains moderate amount of sugar, protein, and sodium thus helps in maintaining the daily levels of Fluids and electrolytes required by the body.
Which dal is not good in pregnancy?
Do not eat too much of urad dal either during pregnancy as an excess of anything during pregnancy is bad. Eat it in moderation, especially, if you are prone to acidity during pregnancy. Urad dal can be cooked in many ways.
Is Guava OK for pregnancy?
One cup (165 grams) of guava fruit provides over 20% of the Daily Value (DV) for folate and over 400% of the DV for vitamin C, making it an excellent food to eat during pregnancy ( 1 ).