What is translator in Linux?
Translate Shell is one of the most widely-used command-line language translators available on Linux. Previously, it was known as Google Translate CLI. The power of Google Translate, Bing Translator, Apertium, and Yandex Translate make it a reliable tool for translating text strings right from the terminal.
What command translates?
The tr command in UNIX is a command line utility for translating or deleting characters. It supports a range of transformations including uppercase to lowercase, squeezing repeating characters, deleting specific characters and basic find and replace.
Is Shell a translator?
2. Translate Shell. Translate Shell (previously Google Translate CLI) is a free and open source command-line language translator tool powered by Google Translate, Yandex Translate, Apertium, and Bing Translator.
How do I translate text on my computer?
- On your computer, go to Google Translate.
- In the text box on the left, enter the word or phrase you want to translate.
- To select a different language: Small screens: Click the language at the top.
- Choose what you want to do: Listen: To hear the translation out loud, click Listen .
How install Google translate in Ubuntu?
- Make sure all the files and subdirectories from the ZIP archive are in a folder.
- While in that folder, right-click on google-translate-desktop-x.y .
- Make sure “Allow executing file as program” is checked.
- Close the dialog, right-click on the file, and under Open With, click your Java Runtime.
How do I use Google Translate on sheets?
To get started simply enter a word in one language in a cell, and then use the formula =GOOGLETRANSLATE(cell with text, “source language”, “target language”) in another cell to translate it. You can even drag the fill handle at the bottom of the formula cell down to apply this formula to more than one cell.
What does cut command do in Linux?
The cut command in UNIX is a command for cutting out the sections from each line of files and writing the result to standard output. It can be used to cut parts of a line by byte position, character and field. Basically the cut command slices a line and extracts the text.
What is bash language?
Bash is a Unix shell and command language written by Brian Fox for the GNU Project as a free software replacement for the Bourne shell. First released in 1989, it has been used as the default login shell for most Linux distributions. Bash can also read and execute commands from a file, called a shell script.
How do I translate an entire document?
Translate a document
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- In the top menu, click Tools. Translate document.
- Enter a name for the translated document and select a language.
- Click Translate.
- A translated copy of your document will open in a new window. You can also see this copy in your Google Drive.
How do I put Google Translate on my desktop?
Translate webpages in Chrome
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- Go to a webpage written in another language.
- At the top, click Translate.
- Chrome will translate the webpage this one time.