What is transitive verb give 5 examples?
Examples of Transitive Verbs
- Alex sent a postcard from Argentina.
- She left the keys on the table.
- My father took me to the movies for my birthday.
- Please buy me a dog!
- Minna hit Joe when the teacher turned.
- My mom wrote me a letter for my birthday.
- My dog ate carrots off the floor.
- Alicia washed the dishes after dinner.
What are examples of transitive verbs?
- Example Sentences. Some other examples of transitive verbs are “address,” “borrow,” “bring,” “discuss,” “raise,” “offer,” “pay,” “write,” “promise,” and “have.”
- Direct and Indirect Objects. A transitive verb can take more than one object.
- Finding the Object.
What is the transitive verb in this sentence?
Transitive verbs are not just verbs that can take an object; they demand objects. Without an object to affect, the sentence that a transitive verb inhabits will not seem complete. Please bring coffee. In this sentence, the verb bring is transitive; its object is coffee, the thing that is being brought.
What are 10 examples of intransitive?
Common Intransitive Verbs
What is transitive and intransitive with examples?
A transitive verb is one that is used with an object: a noun, phrase, or pronoun that refers to the person or thing that is affected by the action of the verb….Transitive and intransitive verbs.
|stop||Greg tried to stop her from leaving.||When the rain stopped, we went for a walk.|
What are intransitive verb and 5 examples?
Examples of Intransitive Verb
- A flock of birds is flying over our heads.
- We laughed so hard that we could not talk for a few minutes.
- We also sang a few songs though we were not good at it.
- We smiled at each other for encouraging each other.
- We wept together when one of us was in pain.
Are reads transitive verbs?
read. [intransitive, transitive] (not used in the progressive tenses) to understand the meaning of written or printed words or symbols by looking at them She’s still learning to read. read something I can’t read your writing.
What are the 23 of auxiliary verbs?
Helping verbs, helping verbs, there are 23! Am, is, are, was and were, being, been, and be, Have, has, had, do, does, did, will, would, shall and should.