What is there to do near Cincinnati?
Top Attractions in Cincinnati
- Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. 3,856. Zoos • Gardens.
- Great American Ball Park. 2,893.
- Cincinnati Art Museum. 1,082.
- American Sign Museum. 835.
- Smale Riverfront Park. 700.
- National Underground Railroad Freedom Center. 1,031.
- Roebling Suspension Bridge. 675.
- Spring Grove Cemetery & Arboretum. 743.
What is there to do in Cincinnati during Covid?
Join the CityBeat Press Club
- Take a Self-Guided ArtWorks Mural Tour.
- Visit the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden.
- Splash at the Armleder Memorial Spray Ground in Yeatman’s Cove.
- Hike Up the New Cincinnati Art Museum Art Climb.
- Catch a Flick at the College Hill Drive-in Theater.
- Make a Reservation to Swim at Ziegler Pool.
What is Cincinnati best known for?
Cincinnati is known for its art culture, sports team, and chili. The city hosts theatre, orchestra, and ballet shows. Cincinnati is also home to the first baseball team in America: the Cincinnati Reds. Locals and tourists also go crazy over the city’s iconic chili, which has greek influences.
How do I spend a day in Cincinnati?
Explore for One Day the Cincinnati Way
- Smale Riverfront Park.
- Newport on the Levee.
- Otto Armleder Fountain at Sawyer Point.
- Smale Riverfront Park.
- Carew Tower Observation Deck.
- Washington Park fountains, Music Hall.
- Findlay Market.
- John A. Roebling, Northern Kentucky Riverwalk Statue Tour.
What food is famous in Cincinnati?
7 Local Foods You Need to Eat in Cincinnati
- 01 of 07. Cincinnati-Style Chili. wsmahar/Getty Images.
- 02 of 07. Goetta. StockFood/GettyImages.
- 03 of 07. Graeter’s Ice Cream. Mark D.
- 04 of 07. Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce. Montgomery Inn.
- 05 of 07. Greek Gyros. Mark D.
- 06 of 07. Milk Shakes at United Dairy Farmers.
- 07 of 07. Buckeyes.
Is Cincinnati safe for tourists?
Cincinnati is generally considered a safe city to live. Violent crime tends to be clustered in certain high-crime neighborhoods and other crime outside of these areas is usually minor or property-related.
What is there to do in Covid Ohio?
Get Outside and Play
- Take a nature walk at one of the 75 Ohio State Parks.
- Join your children outside for a game of hide and seek, kick the can, or a scavenger hunt around the neighborhood.
- Take your dog for a walk.
- Start planning your summer garden.
- Go for a jog.
- Take a bike ride.
What should I not miss in Cincinnati?
15 Can’t-Miss Things to Do in the Cincinnati Region
- Walk across the Roebling Bridge.
- Ride the Beast at Kings Island.
- Touch a stingray at the Newport Aquarium.
- Snap Instagram-worthy shots of the Cincinnati skyline from Northern Kentucky.
- Feed a giraffe at the Cincinnati Zoo.
- Eat a cheese coney.
What does the word Cincinnati mean?
With Anglo-Saxon, Greek, and Latin origins, the town’s name literally meant “The Town Opposite the Mouth of the Licking.” The settlement kept this name for its first two years of existence. Cincinnati got its name from the 5th-century BC Roman soldier and hero, Lucius Quinctius Cincinnatus.
Is Cincinnati a red or blue city?
The mayors of most of the 10 largest cities in the state (Columbus, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo, Akron, Dayton, Youngstown, Canton, Parma, Lorain) are Democrats. Ohio has been a bellwether state in presidential elections.
Is downtown Cincinnati safe 2021?
Statistically speaking, Cincinnati is a slightly unsafe place to visit. Out of the 100 most populous cities in the United States, Cincinnati’s violent crime rate ranks 29nd highest. In 2020, Cincinnati had a violent crime rate of 880.97 per 100,000 people and is on par with cities like Newark, Tuscon and Atlanta.
What is open in Columbus Ohio for kids?
Find the best family-friendly places to visit with our list of the top things to do with kids in Columbus, Ohio.
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
- Zoombezi Bay.
- Franklin Park Conservatory.
- Legoland Discovery Center.
- Ohio History Center.
- Scioto Mile.
- Tour the Anthony-Thomas Candy Factory.
What towns are near Cincinnati?
Local towns near Cincinnati, OH. This is a list of smaller local towns that surround Cincinnati, OH. If you’re planning a road trip or exploring the local area, make sure you check out some of these places to get a feel for the surrounding community. Norwood, OH. Bond Hill, OH. Idlewood, OH. Evanston, OH.
Where are the fireworks in Cincinnati Ohio?
Fireworks in Cincinnati. Those in the know say that the best views front and center are along the Serpentine wall in Ohio and Newport on the Levee in Kentucky. Another tip, start staking your viewing spot early in the day if you hop to get a good spot to watch the extravaganza.
What are the tourist attractions in Ohio?
With so many major tourist attractions of Ohio in the Akron-Canton area, the Quaker Square Inn at The University of Akron Hotel gives you the ideal home base to visit them all. Ohio Amish Country. Ohio Amish Country is a major tourist attraction in Ohio offering a wide range of activities, museums and sites celebrating the Amish heritage.
What to do in Cincinnati Ohio?