What does steady your nerves mean?
: to make one/someone calm or calmer She took a drink to try to steady her nerves.
What is the best synonyms for steady?
- constant, unchanging, changeless, unvarying, invariable, undeviating.
- uniform, even, regular, consistent.
- continuous, continual, unceasing, ceaseless, perpetual, unremitting, unwavering, unfaltering, unfluctuating, undying, unending, endless, round-the-clock, all-year-round.
- reliable, dependable.
What does it mean to calm your nerves?
verb. If you calm someone, you do something to make them feel less angry, worried, or excited.
What is a synonym for a lot of nerves?
Some common synonyms of nerve are audacity, cheek, chutzpah, effrontery, gall, hardihood, and temerity. While all these words mean “conspicuous or flagrant boldness,” nerve, cheek, gall, and chutzpah are informal equivalents for effrontery.
What is the meaning of steady yourself?
Definition of steady oneself : to keep oneself balanced He held the rail to steady himself.
What is a steady look?
3 adj If you look at someone or speak to them in a steady way, you look or speak in a calm, controlled way.
What is the synonym of WARN?
notify, alert, apprise, give notice, inform, tell, let someone know, make someone aware, give a warning to, give fair warning to, forewarn, put someone on guard, put someone on notice, remind. raise the alarm, sound the alarm. informal tip off, put wise.
How do you say steady progress?
- 1 firm, fixed, immovable, on an even keel, safe, stable, substantial, unchangeable, uniform.
- 2 balanced, calm, dependable, equable, having both feet on the ground, imperturbable, level-headed, reliable, sedate, sensible, serene, serious-minded, settled, sober, staid, staunch, steadfast.
What is the synonym of relaxation?
nounpeace, quiet; lack of difficulty. affluence. ataraxia. bed of roses. calm.
What is the synonym of nervous?
afraid, agitated, annoyed, apprehensive, concerned, edgy, fussy, hesitant, hysterical, irritable, jittery, jumpy, shaky, shy, skittish, spooked, tense, timid, uneasy, uptight.
What are other names for nerves?
Synonyms & Antonyms of nerves
- screaming meemies,