What does Chiong mean Singapore?
Chiong (chee-ong): Slight variation of the Hokkien word for “hurry up”; it means to charge or to attack something.
What are some Singlish words?
Here we’ve translated some key Singlish phrases so you can fit in with the locals.
- ‘Catch No Ball’ This phrase derived from Hokkien dialect, ‘liak bo kiu’, and is used to indicate that the speaker does not understand what is being said.
- ‘Die Die Must Try’
- ‘Talk Cock’
- ‘Ang Moh’
What is Kanchong?
11) Kancheong (kan CHEE-ong) Similar to its original meaning in Cantonese, “kancheong” carries the senses of urgency, nervousness, anxiousness, and tension in one word. Another Singlish term “kancheong spider” is often used to refer to people who are always in a hurry or easily flustered.
What does Pajiao mean?
Pa-Jiao. Literal translation: “Beat Bird.” Can be dirty at time, so be careful of its usage. English equivalent :Blind. e.g. “Look at the plane in the sky!” “
What is Cheem?
cheem (comparative more cheem, superlative most cheem) (Singapore, informal) Deep; profound; complex. quotations ▼
Is Chiong a Chinese last name?
Chiong is a common last name found among Overseas Chinese communities around the world. In fact, “Chiong” is the transliteration of several different Chinese surnames. Its meaning varies depending on how it is spelled in Chinese, and which dialect it is pronounced in.
What is GG Singlish?
17. GG. What it means: A popular gamer’s term, “GG”, also known as good game, has in recent years been added to the Singaporean’s list of slangs to represent the feeling that something is going to or has already ended in a disaster.
How do you insult a Singaporean?
How to piss off a Singaporean
- Tell us we’re located in China.
- Think we’re stupid because you don’t understand Singlish.
- Keep bringing up the chewing gum ban.
- Joke about Singapore being a “fine city.”
- Talk about Michael Fay.
- Trash our local hawker delicacies.
- Assume we are politically ignorant.
- Complain about Singapore.
What is Ka Kia?
Kakia (Ancient Greek: Κακίαν), the Greek goddess of vice and moral badness (presumably, sin or crime), was depicted as a vain, plump, and heavily made-up woman dressed in revealing clothes.
What does Leng Lui mean?
Leng Lui meaning: In Cantonese it’s written as 靚女 which means pretty (girl).
What is rabak English?
“rabak” in English rabak adjective badly torn (of cloth, etc.) ragged tattered.
Is Cheems a boy or a girl?
Cheems is a highly popular ‘Ironic Doge’ character, and his distinctive grin has appeared in some of the world’s most beloved memes. Known for liking cheeseburgers – pronounced ‘Cheemsburger’ – classic Cheems memes generally see the golden furred boy including extra M letters in his spelling, to humorous effect.