What can I make out of old CDs?
- Use an old CD as the template for a perfect circle.
- Cover old CDs with felt and use them as coasters.
- Use old CDs to catch candle drips.
- Make artistic bowls from old CDs.
- Use old CDs as sidewalk or driveway reflectors.
- Use an old CD as the basis for a kids’ craft.
- Use old CDs as holiday ornaments.
How do you make CD art?
- Step 1: Things Needed. Any old CD.
- Step 2: Apply Paint. • Shiny side of the CD shows rainbow colors when light falls on it.
- Step 3: Draw a Design. Draw your favorite design on the colored side.
- Step 4: Scratch the Design.
- Step 5: Stick It on the Wall.
What can I do with a blank CD disc?
Donate them Goodwill still sells CDs and DVDs and collects them at its drop-off locations. Many libraries also take them and will either stock them for checkout or sell them at sales or their used stores.
Can CDs be recycled?
Even though CDs are made of highly valuable recyclable materials like polycarbonate plastic and aluminum, they’re not accepted in single-stream recycling bins. Burning CDs releases toxic fumes into the air we breathe, and they require a special recycling process that isn’t accepted in single-stream recycling bins.
Can you put CDs in recycling bin?
Can CDs, DVDs , CD-ROMs and Blu-rays be Recycled? Both the disks and the plastic jewel cases from disks are 100% recycleable.
Can CDs be painted?
If you are like us you probably have old CDs lying inside a desk or drawer. You will need acrylic paint, clear gesso, paintbrushes, water, and your imagination! Honestly, any skill level can do this painting craft.
Do painted CDs still work?
Can You Paint A Cd And Still Use It? Although it may work, it will certainly damage your CD/DVD drive and the computer’s CD/DVD drive. When paint starts to strip after a while, it will certainly damage the readable side of your CD/DVD if it happens while it is being read. Lasers can also be scratched and damaged by it.
What crafts can I make with old CDs?
From bird baths to christmas decorations, and lamps to jewellery there’s a CD design here for you:
- Make a beautiful bird bath. meandmydiy.com.
- Turn your old, bland boots into shiny shoes. Mint Hasumy.
- Nailed it: driveway reflector.
- Infinity guitar picks.
- Make a trippy lamp.
- Easy ice scraper.
- A candle holder.
- Fridge decor.
How do I dispose of CDs?
One way to dispose of old CDs is to recycle them. CDs and their plastic cases can be sent to a recycling center where they are sorted, shredded and melted into a low grade of raw plastic suitable for use in the automotive and building materials industries.
Can you put CDs in plastic recycling?
How do I dispose of old CDs UK?
If you have any CDs, DVDs or cases that you would like to be recycled then please visit their website: www.reproplastics.co.uk. Please note that discs and cases need to be sorted and sent separately to make them easier to recycle.