What are the qualities of a democratic leader?
Some of the primary characteristics of democratic leadership include:
- Group members are encouraged to share ideas and opinions, even though the leader retains the final say over decisions.
- Members of the group feel more engaged in the process.
- Creativity is encouraged and rewarded. 2
What are the limitations of democracy Class 9?
Demerits of democracy:
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play. There is no scope for morality.
- Consultation in a democracy from many people leads to delays.
- Not knowing the best interest of the people by the elected leaders leads to bad decisions.
- Democracy leads to corruption for it is based on electoral competition.
What are the merits and demerits of democracy?
5 merits and demerits of democracy
- a democratic government is better form of government because it is more accountable form of government.
- democracy improves the quality of decision making.
- democracy enhances the dignity of citizens.
- poor and least educated has the same status as the rich and educated.
What is the simple definition of democracy Analyse its utility and limitation?
‘Demo’ means ‘people’, whilst ‘cracy’ means ‘power’. Democracy is a type of government system where the people of the country have the power to make decisions about their country and the government doesn’t simply impose its decision on the people.
Why is democratic leadership the most effective?
Democracy in leadership is often most effective when a leader is working with highly skilled or experienced workers. It allows the leader to capitalize on their employees’ individual talents and strengths, while also benefiting from the power of the whole. Democratic leaders keep the lines of communication open.
What are the limitations of democratic decision making?
List of the Disadvantages of a Democratic Leadership Style
- It can create negative emotions.
- It can lead to procrastination.
- It takes time to reach a consensus.
- It offers an element of continuing uncertainty.
- It is often poorly defined.
- It does not guarantee the best possible solution.
What is the impact of democratic leadership style?
Democratic leadership style results in high employees’ productivity, reduces the need for control and formal rules and procedures, develops competent people who are willing to give their best and tends to develop subordinates who think for themselves and seek responsibility.