What are the disadvantages of democracy Class 10?
Demerits of democracy
- Leaders keep changing in a democracy leading to instability.
- Democracy is all about political competition and power play, leaving no scope for morality.
- Many people have to be consulted in a democracy that leads to delays.
- Elected leaders do not know the best interest of the people, resulting in bad decisions.
What do you mean by ideal democracy?
Democratic ideals is an expression used to refer to personal qualities or standards of government behavior that are felt to be essential for the continuation of a democratic policy.
What are the demerits or weakness of democracy?
There is no scope for morality. Consultation in a democracy from many people leads to delays. Not knowing the best interest of the people by the elected leaders leads to bad decisions. Democracy leads to corruption for it is based on electoral competition.
Which of these is an example of perfect democracy?
What are Census What are its merits and demerits?
Reliable and Accurate: Results based on census method are accurate and highly reliable. This is because each and every item of the population is studied. Less Biased: Results based on census method are less biased. It is because of the absence of investigator’s discretion regarding the selection of sample items.
What are the disadvantages of an open plan office?
Arguably the most common issue people have with working in an open plan office is the noise level. Some employees may find it difficult taking phone calls if the office is particularly loud or you are easily distracted.
What is needed to maintain a democracy?
According to American political scientist Larry Diamond, democracy consists of four key elements: a political system for choosing and replacing the government through free and fair elections; the active participation of the people, as citizens, in politics and civic life; protection of the human rights of all citizens; …
What are the 3 ideals of democracy?
Liberty and equality. These words represent basic values of democratic political systems, including that of the United States.
What are the merits and demerits of social media?
The merits of social media
- It has stayed true to its name – social.
- More freedom to express.
- Educational breach till the grassroots.
- Small businesses have a marketing platform.
- Unhindered spread of awareness.
- Happiness index is at an all-time low.
- Fake news spread like wildfire.
- Cyberbullying and trolling.
Is Microsoft an open office?
Although Apache OpenOffice can open Microsoft Office files. Microsoft Office has various degrees of support for ODF, starting in Office 2007, but earlier versions: MSO ’97, Office XP etc, are not able to open, read or write ODF documents.
Is Open Office dead?
OpenOffice.org (OOo), commonly known as OpenOffice, is a discontinued open-source office suite. It was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice, which Sun Microsystems acquired in 1999 for internal use.
Is Apache Open Office the same as Open Office?
OpenOffice: Apache OpenOffice (AOO) is an open-source office productivity software suite. It descends from OpenOffice.org and IBM Lotus Symphony, and it’s a close cousin of LibreOffice.
Is OpenOffice better than Word?
Apache Open Office Suite It includes a word processor comparable to Microsoft Word, a spreadsheet comparable to Microsoft Excel, presentation software comparable to PowerPoint, a database comparable to Access, and even drawing and math equation tools similar to those in Microsoft Office.
What is argument against democracy?
The arguments against democracy are: (i) Leaders keep changing in a democracy. This leads to instability. (ii) Democracy is all about political competition and power play. There is no scope for morality. (iii) So many people have to be consulted in a democracy that it leads to delays.
What do you mean by open office what are its merits and demerits?
- Open space offices are noisier and can be more chaotic than closed plan offices.
- People passing to and fro can also cause distraction of employees.
- In an open office space, security is reduced.
- Privacy is difficult to obtain with an open office plan.
What are the advantages of office layout?
Advantages or Merits of Good Office Layout
- Effective and free flow of work is possible.
- Proper utilization of available space leads to less cost of operation.
- Better communication is available to the employees of the organization.
- It facilitates effective supervision of employees and also saving in cost of supervision.
- There is no wastage of office space.
What is the difference between Microsoft Office and Open Office?
One key, underlying difference between Microsoft Office and Open Office is that Microsoft office is produced by a for-profit company that uses some of its revenue for research and development. Open Office is open-source software. It was developed collaboratively by mostly volunteers, and is free to use.