What are 5 types of scams?
- Advance Fee Scams.
- Tech Support Scams.
- Emergency Scams.
- IRS or Government Imposter Scams.
- Foreign Money Exchange Scams.
- Counterfeit Cashier’s Checks.
- Bogus Debts.
What are examples of scams?
Ten most common types of scams
- Advance fee fraud.
- Lottery, sweepstakes and competition scams.
- Dating and romance scams.
- Computer hacking.
- Online shopping, classified and auction scams.
- Banking, credit card and online account scams.
- Small business scams.
- Job and employment scams.
What are the 3 most common scams made online?
The 5 most popular online scams to be aware of in 2020
- Phishing. What it is: Phishing is one of the most common cyberthreats around, yet it continues to be equally as effective.
- Fake antivirus software.
- Make money easy and fast scam.
- Fake shopping websites and formjacking.
- Tech support scam.
What are the latest scams?
The Latest Scams You Need to Be Aware of in 2021
- Coronavirus, Vaccine and Government Program Scams.
- Phone-Related Scams.
- Cryptocurrency Scams.
- Romance Scams.
- Online Purchase Scams.
- Employment Scams.
- Travel Scams.
- Basic Steps to Avoid Getting Scammed.
What are the newest scams?
Protect yourself online: 5 new scams to watch out for now
- Online dating hoaxes. The scam.
- Suspicious retailers. The scam.
- Bogus tech support. The scam.
- Government imposters. The scam.
- Fraudulent email solicitations. The scam.
Will a scammer video call you?
However, if your new friend asks you to use a video service you’ve never heard of, beware. Scammers can fake video calls. Someone who keeps putting off the video call may be shy—or you may be. So another alternative is to ask questions that expose him.
Who is the best scammer in the world?
Ramon Abbas – known to his 2.5 million Instagram followers as Hushpuppi – is considered by the FBI to be one of the world’s most high-profile fraudsters and faces a prison sentence of up to 20 years in the US after pleading guilty to money laundering.