How do you split a surface in Solidworks simulation?
Splitting a Face by Projecting a New Sketch
- In the Fixture or an External Loads PropertyManager, select the Split tab.
- Under Type of Split: Select Sketch.
- When you finish sketching, click Exit Sketch.
- For Other Faces to Split , select the faces to project the sketch onto.
- Optionally, select either:
- Click Create Split.
How do you split a sketch in Solidworks?
In an open sketch, click Split Entities (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Split Entities. The pointer changes to . Click the sketch entity at the location where you want the split to occur. The sketch entity splits into two entities, and a split point is added between the two sketch entities.
What is fixture in Solidworks?
The Fixture PropertyManager allows you to prescribe zero or non-zero displacements on vertices, edges, or faces for use with static, frequency, buckling, dynamic and nonlinear studies. Contents.
What is a bearing fixture in Solidworks?
The PropertyManager allows you to simulate the interaction between a shaft and the ground through a bearing. Since the components supporting the shaft are assumed to be much more rigid than the shaft, they can be considered as the ground.
What does split line do in SolidWorks?
tool projects an entity (sketch, solid, surface, face, plane, or surface spline) to surfaces, or curved or planar faces. It divides a selected face into multiple separate faces.
How do I create a fixture in Solidworks?
To apply fixtures:
- Click Add a fixture. The Fixture PropertyManager appears.
- In the graphics area, select faces to fix.
- Click . The fixture is added to the Fixtures folder in the SimulationXpress study tree and a check mark appears next to Fixtures in the SimulationXpress wizard.
- Click Next.
How do you make a bearing shaft?
Shaft and housing design
- Shafts should be thick and short.
- Housings should possess sufficient rigidity.
- The fitting surface of the shaft and housing should be finished in order to acquire the required accuracy and roughness.
- The fillet radius (ra) should be smaller than chamfer dimension of the bearing.