How do you delete a document in Word 2007?
Word 2007: Deleting individual documents from the Recent Documents list
- Close Word.
- Open the Registry.
- Go to:
- Find and select the documents you want to remove.
- Right-click then select Delete.
- Close the Registry.
- Re-open Word — your Recent Documents list will no longer show those documents.
What is the shortcut key to save a document?
Frequently used shortcuts
|To do this||Press|
|Open a document.||Ctrl+O|
|Create a new document.||Ctrl+N|
|Save the document.||Ctrl+S|
|Close the document.||Ctrl+W|
How do I delete recent documents in Word?
Clear the list of recently used files
- Click the File tab.
- Click Recent.
- Right click a file in the list and select Clear unpinned items.
- Click Yes to clear the list.
How do I delete multiple pages in Word 2007?
Deleting a Range of Pages
- Press F5.
- Type 10 into the Enter a Page Number box and then press Enter.
- If the Find and Replace dialog box doesn’t go away on its own (it will in some versions of Word), press Esc.
- Press F8.
- Press F5.
- Type 16 into the Enter a Page Number box and then press Enter.
What are the 2 ways that you can close a document?
There are two ways to close a document:
- • close your document without exiting the software; or.
- Choose File > Close to close your document without exiting.
- If you have modified your document since the last time you saved, you are prompted to save the changes.
How do I remove the Ctrl key?
Ctrl + Del: Deletes word to right of cursor. Ctrl + Backspace: Deletes word to left of cursor. Ctrl + End: Moves the cursor to the end of the document.
How can I delete a blank page in Word 2007?
To delete a blank page, select the page break at the end of the page, and then press DELETE. You can select and delete a single page of content anywhere in your document. Place your cursor anywhere in the page of content that you want to delete.
How do I close a Word 2010 program?
Closing a Document in Word 2010
- Step 1 − Click the File tab and select the Close option.
- Step 2 − When you select the Close option and if the document is not saved before closing, it will display the following Warning box asking whether the document should be saved or not.
- Step 3 − To save the changes, click Save, otherwise click Don’t Save.
How do you remove a page in a Word document?
Delete a page in Word
- Click or tap anywhere in the page you want to delete, press Ctrl+G.
- In the Enter page number box, type \page.
- Press Enter on your keyboard, and then select Close.
- Verify that a page of content is selected, and then press Delete on your keyboard.
Why does my Word document look like one long page?
2 Answers. To view the document as one continuous page without page separators: Under the View tab switch to Web Layout . Note that your document’s width will be “elastic” in this view, meaning your paragraphs will stretch to fill as much width as they are given (try resizing the window).
What CTRL is delete?
|Next word||Ctrl+Delete or Ctrl+Backspace|
Why wont word let me delete a page?
Here is how: At the top of the Ribbon, simply click the ¶ button or use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl + Shift + 8. If your blank page is in the middle of the document, it may be due to a manual page break. With paragraph marks turned on, you will be able to see the page break. Select it and delete it.
What are the three options to save a document?
Step 1: Start a new document in Word and type your text.
- Step 2: Click File in the top left-hand corner of the screen.
- Step 3: From the menu, choose Save.
- Step 4: A ‘Save’ dialogue box will come up.
- Step 6: Once you have typed in the name of your document, click Save.
How do I delete recent documents in Word 2013?
Next, click the “Options” command toward the bottom left. In the “Word Options” menu, switch to the “Advanced” tab. On the right, scroll down to the “Display” section. Disable the display of recent documents by setting the “Show this number of Recent Documents” option to zero, and then click the “OK” button.
How do I get my Microsoft Word page back to normal?
Change the default layout
- Open the template or a document based on the template whose default settings you want to change.
- On the Format menu, click Document, and then click the Layout tab.
- Make any changes that you want, and then click Default.
How do I delete Recent Places in Word 2010?
To Clear All Unpinned Locations
- Right-click any location on the Recent Places list.
- Select Clear unpinned Places. (If you want to remove all the locations in the list, make sure none of the locations are pinned.)
- Click Yes. This will clear all the unpinned locations from your Recent Places list.
Which option is used to close MS Word?
To close a document in Word, click the File tab and choose the Close command or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+W. Word banishes the document from its window, but then the program sits there and waits for you to do something else, such as start working on a new document or open a document you previously saved.