How do I troubleshoot my GE top load washer?
How to Troubleshoot a GE Top Load Washer
- Check the amount of detergent you have put in the washer.
- Examine the GE top load washer’s drain hose for leaks.
- Check the water connections to your GE top load washer.
- Check whether the GE top load washer lid is closing firmly.
- Check the load in your GE top loading washer.
How do I get my GE washer to fill up?
There are two ways Deep Fill can be used:
- Add a little more water: Press the Deep Fill button once before starting the cycle to add 3 gallons of water to the wash load.
- Full Tub Fill: Press and hold the Deep Fill button for 3 seconds to fill the washer to the maximum water level.
Why is my GE washer not filling with water?
Machine Won’t Fill If your washer won’t fill, check the hot and cold faucets to make sure they’re both turned on fully. Check the fill hoses, which connect to the upper back left of most GE washers, and make sure the line has no kinks. If the problem persists, turn off the water and remove the fill hoses.
How do I reset my GE Hydrowave washer?
Motor Reset Procedure:
- Unplug the washer for 1 minute from the electrical outlet.
- Plug the washer back in and lift and lower the lid 6 times within a 12 second period. You have 30 seconds to start lifting and lowering the lid.
- The motor has now been reset and is ready for you to start a cycle.
How do I reset the lid lock on my GE washer?
Top Load Washer – Lid Lock Feature
- Make sure the washer is paused (press the Start/Pause button). During the spin cycle, this can take up to 3 minutes for the basket to stop spinning and allow you to open the lid.
- Unplug the washer for a minute to reset.
Is there a reset button on my GE washer?
To reset the electronic controls on your washer, shut off the circuit breaker or fuse to the washer or unplug the washer for 2 minutes. For models that have a timer control knob, turn the knob around and back to any position other than final spin for the interrupted cycle. Then, restore power.
Is there a reset button on GE washers?
What is a HydroWave washer?
A HydroWaveTM washing machine is designed to operate quieter than a typical washer. The machine has a drive system that doesn’t use gears. The sound is the motor rotating back and forth to agitate the laundry.