How do I restore my computer to factory settings Windows 8 without CD?
Select “General,” then scroll down until you see “Remove everything and reinstall Windows.” Click on “Get Started,” then select “Next.” Select “Clean the drive fully.” This option wipes your hard drive, and reinstalls Windows 8 like new. Click on “Reset” to confirm that you want to reinstall Windows 8.
How do I restore Windows 8 without recovery media?
Reset without installation media
- Boot into your Windows 8/8.1.
- Go to Computer.
- Go to the main drive, e.g. C: This is the drive where your Windows 8/8.1 is installed on.
- Create a new folder, called Win8.
- Insert the Windows 8/8.1 installation media and go to the Source folder.
- Copy the install.wim file from the Source folder.
How do I bypass the startup password on Windows 8?
How to bypass the Windows 8 log-in screen
- From the Start screen, type netplwiz.
- In the User Accounts Control Panel, select the account you wish to use to log in automatically.
- Click off the check-box above the account that says “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer.” Click OK.
How do I reset my computer to factory settings?
Navigate to Settings > Update & Security > Recovery. You should see a title that says “Reset this PC.” Click Get Started. You can either select Keep My Files or Remove Everything. The former resets your options to default and removes uninstalled apps, like browsers, but keeps your data intact.
How do I restore Windows to factory settings?
How to Factory Reset Windows 10
- Open Settings. Click the Start Menu and select the gear icon in the lower left to open up the Settings window.
- Choose Recovery Options. Click the Recovery tab and select Get started under Reset this PC.
- Save or Remove Files.
- Reset Your Computer.
- Reset Your Computer.
How do I wipe my hard drive Windows 8?
If you’re using Windows 8.1 or 10, wiping your hard drive is easy.
- Select Settings (the gear icon on the Start menu)
- Select Update & security, then Recovery.
- Choose Remove everything, then Remove files and clean the drive.
- Then click Next, Reset, and Continue.
How do I reset my Windows password from a flash drive?
Step 1: Insert a USB flash drive into your computer (or a floppy disk if you’re stuck in the Stone Age). Step 2: Type “reset” in the Windows search box and select Create a password reset disk. Step 3: When the Forgotten Password Wizard appears, click “Next.” Step 4: Select your USB flash drive and click “Next.”
How do you completely wipe a computer?
To reset your PC
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
- Tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
What size flash drive do I need to install Windows 8?
As the title suggested, you need an empty flash drive or any USB storage that you can put your hands on. It should be 4 GB in size if you plan to install the 32-bit version of Windows 8 or 8.1, or 8 GB drive for the 64-bit version. If your drive is not empty, a pre-formatting process is suggested.
How to boot Windows 8 from USB flash drive?
Since the USB is already configured with Windows 8/8.1, the booting process will use the Windows 8/8.1 inside the USB to continue. All that you need to do is to follow the onscreen process. To help you make the whole booting process easier, you could use some help from an app called Windows Boot Genius.
How do I reset a formatted USB flash drive?
Reset USB drive by formatting When the USB flash drive is formatted with file system incompatible with Windows OS, it will not show up properly in File Explorer. At this time, you can reset your USB drive through formatting. Format USB drive to FAT32 via Disk Management
How do I restore a USB flash drive to original state?
Restore USB drive to original state under various situations. When USB flash drive is showing less space than actual capacity, not recognized by Windows properly or filled with unnecessary files, you can choose to reset it to original state when there is one single partition formatted with FAT32 and no files on the USB flash drive.