How do I redirect MediaWiki?
Adding a redirect to MediaWiki
- Log into MediaWiki.
- Select the page you want to redirect.
- Add the redirect code to the page.The redirect code will look like the following: #REDIRECT [[pagename]]
- Visit the page to check if the redirect is working.
How do I redirect a Wikipedia page?
- Open the “page options” menu (icon with three parallel horizontal bars) at the top right of the editor.
- Select “Page settings”
- Check the box marked “Redirect this page to”
- Enter the name of the target page in the text box below the checkbox.
- Click on the blue “Apply changes” button.
- Save the page.
How do I use MediaWiki?
- Upload the MediaWiki file that you downloaded to your web server via FTP.
- Log into your server via SSH, then decompress the file on the server.
- Confirm that the MediaWiki files are in your domain’s web directory.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Upload the LocalSettings.
How do I create a new page in MediaWiki?
Create a new page by “Add to Category”
- Navigate to the category page where you’d like to add an article.
- Enter the page name in the “Add page…” form.
- Click Create.
How do I edit a redirect page?
To edit a page that is already a redirect (or to view its history, talk page, etc.), follow the redirect to the target page, then click on the link in the “(Redirected from …)” notice at the top of the page. This takes you to the redirect page itself.
How much does MediaWiki cost?
License. MediaWiki is free and open-source and is distributed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or any later version.
How do I install MediaWiki extensions?
How to install an extension in MediaWiki? Print
- Download and install ExtensionFunctions.php. ExtensionFunctions.
- Download your extension. A list of extensions documented on MediaWiki.org is available on the http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension.
- Install your extension.
How do I make MediaWiki private?
To restrict account creation, you need to edit LocalSettings. php in the root path of your MediaWiki installation. # Prevent new user registrations except by sysops $wgGroupPermissions[‘*’][‘createaccount’] = false; You can use the ConfirmAccount extension if you want to set up an account confirmation queue.
How many types of redirection are there?
There are five types of redirects: 301, 302, 303, 307, and 308.