How do I merge rows with the same name?
Combine duplicate rows and sum the values with Consolidate function
- Click a cell where you want to locate the result in your current worksheet.
- Go to click Data > Consolidate, see screenshot:
- In the Consolidate dialog box:
- After finishing the settings, click OK, and the duplicates are combined and summed.
Can you merge rows in Excel and keep all the data?
Combine rows in Excel with Merge Cells add-in And most importantly, this tool keeps all the data even if the selection contains multiple values. Select the range of cells where you want to merge rows. Go to the Ablebits Data tab > Merge group, click the Merge Cells arrow, and then click Merge Rows into One.
How do you merge cells in Excel without defining a name?
Click Home > Merge & Center. If Merge & Center is dimmed, make sure you’re not editing a cell or the cells you want to merge aren’t inside a table. Tip: To merge cells without centering the data, click the merged cell and then click the left, center or right alignment options next to Merge & Center.
How do I merge a column in Excel with the same name?
On the Ablebits Data tab in the Merge group, click the Merge Duplicates icon:
- Step 1: Select your table. On the first step, the add-in picks the entire range with your data:
- Step 2: Choose key columns with duplicate records.
- Step 3: Pick columns with the values to merge.
How do I merge a name and surname in Excel?
How to combine first and last name by merging cells
- Select the two columns of names you want to combine.
- On the Ablebits tab, in the Merge group, click the Merge Cells drop-down arrow, and choose Merge Columns into One:
- The Merge Cells dialog box will show up.
- Click the Merge button.
How do you merge cells but keep all data?
Merge columns of data into one without losing data by CONCATENATE
- Select a blank cell, enter the formula =CONCATENATE(A2:C2&”,”), and then highlight A2:C2&”,” in the formula.
- Press F9 key to convert the highlight part of the formula to values.
How do you merge cells horizontally in Excel and keep all data?
How to merge cells in Excel without losing data
- Select all the cells you want to combine.
- Make the column wide enough to fit the contents of all cells.
- On the Home tab, in the Editing group, click Fill > Justify.
- Click Merge and Center or Merge Cells, depending on whether you want the merged text to be centered or not.
How do you merge two rows in Excel?
How to merge cells
- Highlight the cells you want to merge.
- Click on the arrow just next to “Merge and Center.”
- Scroll down to click on “Merge Cells”. This will merge both rows and columns into one large cell, with alignment intact.
- This will merge the content of the upper-left cell across all highlighted cells.
How do you concatenate cells if same value exists in another column in Excel?
Concatenate cells if same value with formulas and filter
- Select a blank cell besides the second column (here we select cell C2), enter formula =IF(A2<>A1,B2,C1 & “,” & B2) into the formula bar, and then press the Enter key.
- Then select cell C2, and drag the Fill Handle down to cells you need to concatenate.
How do I merge two cell names in Excel?
Combine text from two or more cells into one cell
- Select the cell where you want to put the combined data.
- Type = and select the first cell you want to combine.
- Type & and use quotation marks with a space enclosed.
- Select the next cell you want to combine and press enter. An example formula might be =A2&” “&B2.
How to merge adjacent rows with same data in Excel?
1. Select the columns that you want to merge the adjacent rows with same data. 2. ClickKutools>Merge & Split > Merge Same Cells, see screenshot: 3. And then the same data in the selected columns have been merged in one cell. See screenshot:
How to combine rows with same ID/name in Excel?
Combine rows with same ID/name by VBA. This method will introduce a VBA to quickly combine all rows with the same ID or name in the specified selection. Please do as follows: 1. Press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window. 2. Click Insert > Module, and then paste the VBA code into the Module window.
How do I merge cells in a table?
The Merge Cells dialog window will open with your table or range already selected, as you can see in the screenshot below. In the upper part of the window, you specify three basic things: How you want to join cells. To merge rows of data, select “column by column”. How to separate the merged values.
How to merge rows of data separated by line breaks?
Click the Merge button and observe the perfectly merged rows of data separated with line breaks: The task: you have some Excel database with a few thousand entries. The values in one column are essentially the same while data in other columns are different.