How do I look up old savings bonds?

How do I look up old savings bonds?

To search for lost savings bonds, go to the U.S. Treasury’s website at and fill out Form 1048, which is titled “Claim for Lost, Stolen, or Destroyed United States Savings Bonds. “Fill out as much of the form as possible,” Tayne says.

Can you buy government bonds directly?

Treasury bonds can be bought directly from the government’s TreasuryDirect website, or through a brokerage or bank. Treasury bonds are prized by income-seeking investors because they are low-risk and highly liquid; however, they don’t pay the highest interest rates.

How can I access my savings bonds online?

The only way to buy EE bonds is to buy them in electronic form in TreasuryDirect. We no longer issue EE bonds in paper form. As a TreasuryDirect account holder, you can purchase, manage, and redeem EE bonds directly from your web browser.

Can I look up savings bonds by name?

You can locate any outstanding or unclaimed savings bonds in your name by consulting with the TreasuryDirect service operated by the federal government.

Is TreasuryDirect gov safe?

Bonds in TreasuryDirect are safely maintained in your account with the U.S. Treasury. mature or you redeem them, whichever is first. Also, if all conditions are met, using savings bonds to pay for some education expenses offers additional federal tax benefits.

Can you look up savings bonds by Social Security number?

How can I search for those? A: You, too, can fill out a bond search request form, here, or call 1-800-553-2663. Treasury employees will research your query based on your social security number and other information provided.

How do I access TreasuryDirect?

Open your Internet browser and type “” in the address window. On the TreasuryDirect home page, in the upper right corner, select “Open an Account.” On the “TreasuryDirect – Open an Account” page, select “TreasuryDirect.”

How do you find out if I have bonds in my name?

Visit the Treasury Department’s TreasuryDirect website to search for uncashed savings bonds in your name. You can enter your social security number or Employee Identification Number (EIN) into the search field on the Treasury Hunt page and click the “Search” button to see results.

Begin typing your search term above and press enter to search. Press ESC to cancel.

Back To Top