How do I filter cells in Excel by color?
On the Data tab, click Filter. in the column that contains the content that you want to filter. Under Filter, in the By color pop-up menu, select Cell Color, Font Color, or Cell Icon, and then click the criteria.
How do I filter in Excel 2003?
To apply the autofilter in Excel 2003:
- First click on the range of cells that you want to filter.
- In order to activate the Excel autofilter, select the Data menu at the top of your spreadsheet, and from this, select the option Filter and then the option AutoFilter (see above).
Can you filter rows in Excel by color?
If you want to filter the rows in your worksheet by colors in a particular column, you can use the Filter by Color option available in Excel 365 – Excel 2016. Apply Excel’s AutoFilter in the usual way and then select the needed colors in the drop-down list.
Why can’t I filter by cell color in Excel?
Spreadsheet is in sharing mode When this is true then for some reason the filter by color is not useable. To check if you workbook is shared you can go to the REVIEW tab and click on the SHARE WORKBOOK button. Untick it to switch it off and the filter by colour should reappear.
How do you filter colored sheets?
Sort by color
- On your computer, open a spreadsheet in Google Sheets.
- Select a range of cells.
- Click Data. Create a filter.
- To see filter options, go to the top of the range and click Filter . Sort by color: Choose which text or fill color to filter or sort by.
- To turn the filter off, click Data. Remove filter.
How do I fill a cell with color in Excel?
Change the formula to use H if you want to.
- Select cell A2.
- click Conditional Formatting on the Home ribbon.
- click New Rule.
- click Use a formula to determine which cells to format.
- click into the formula box and enter the formula. =$F2
- click the Format button and select a red color.
- close all dialogs.
How do I filter top 10 in Excel?
To use a Top 10 AutoFilter in Excel, click the AutoFilter drop-down arrow button next to the column heading for the field by which to filter the table. Next, roll down to the “Number Filters” choice. Then select the “Top 10…” option from the side menu that appears to open the “Top 10 AutoFilter” dialog box.
What is the AutoFilter in Excel?
Use the AutoFilter feature to find, show, or hide values—in one or more columns of data. You can filter based on choices you make from a list, or search to find the data that you seek. When you filter data, entire rows will be hidden if the values in one or more columns don’t meet the filtering criteria.
Why is sort & filter grayed out in Excel?
The most common reason why the Sort and Filter icon is grayed out in Excel is because multiple sheets are selected. To ensure that you have only one active sheet in order to enable Soft and Filter icon, right click on the sheets and click on Ungroup Sheets. The Sort and Filter icon will now become active.
How do I filter by color in Excel Online?
How to Filter by Color in Excel
- Open your spreadsheet.
- Select the column you wish to filter that has color.
- From the Sort & Filter group, click the Filter button. You should see a small drop-down arrow in the top-right corner of your column heading.
- Click the down-down arrow.